Grilled Hoki with Onions
A professional-looking simple fish dinner that only takes minutes to prepare.
Grilled Hoki with Onions Recipe
By February 5, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1-2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15-20 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
A simple fish dish with the 'wow' factor
- 2 pcs New Zealand Hoki fillet or Sea Bass Any firm white fish will do.
- 2 pcs White Onion Sliced in fine rings. Cut top most/first ring a little thick
- 2 pcs Tomatoes Chopped roughly about quarter-inch pieces
- 1 pc Spring onion Sliced finely
- 1 pc Lemon Juice of about half lemon
- Sea salt, Black pepper & Cayenne pepper Season fish generously
Pre heat oven. Set at high.
Place seasoned fish and the 2 top most slices of onions on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the top shelf of oven for approximately 15 minutes. Make sure the top shelf is positioned so that it is really quite close to the top of the oven.
Rest fish for a couple of minutes after removing from oven.
- ONION & TOMATO BASE
Saute the finely sliced onions in some olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes when onions are translucent. Cook for about 5 - 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Add the sliced spring onion and remove from heat.
- You're almost done!
Spoon onion & tomato base onto serving plate.
Place grilled fish on top.
Position the 2 grilled onion tops over fish.
Pour over baking juices and a squeeze of lemon.
Then you are ready to wow your guests. Or just wow yourself by digging in while slurping a glass of chilled white wine.