An all-day omelette with an Italian twist
You can tell omelettes are my favorites. I have made so many omelettes for myself that I can fill my whole living room with the number of eggs I go through in a month!!
Black Pearl Omelette Recipe
By April 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1-2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
A great omelette for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and goes really well with a glass of red wine.
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Shallots Finely chopped
- 1 tomato Medium-sized chopped
- 1 small can Dark pitted olives drained and rinsed
- Rosemary and Oregano Dried or fresh
- Seasoning: Sea salt, Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper A dash
- Extra virgin olive oil
Fry garlic, shallots, and tomatoes in some olive oil.
Season with rosemary, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
Cook on a medium heat for about a minute.
Add the olives and stir fry for another minute.
(Save some olives for later).
Remove and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a clean pan on medium.
Pour on the beaten eggs and season lightly with salt, pepper and cayenne.
Quickly add the prepared filling on one half of the eggs.
When omelette is taking on a firmer texture, carfully flip the other half over the filling.
Cook until just done--about a minute.
Black pearl omelette - done.
- Serve omelette with some extra olives, and enjoy with a glass of red wine.