Ladies’ Fingers Make Great Omelettes !
Omelettes can basically take any form of filling. Very versatile things…
Ladies Fingers in Your Omelette !
By March 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 (1 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
For me, basically anything can go into an omelette. They are probably the most versatile of breakfast meals.
- 2 pcs Eggs Slightly beaten
- 5 pcs Small okra Washed and dried
- A few cherry tomatoes
- A couple of mushrooms Sliced
- A sprig of Rosemary Some chopped, and some left for garnish
- Seasoning Sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil and butter
- Blanch okra in some boiling water. I just place them in a bowl and pour boiling water over them, and let sit for a couple of minutes, then drain and dry with my tea towel.
- Gently beat the eggs and pour onto a low heat pan with some olive oil and butter. Season with chopped rosemary, salt & pepper and cayenne.
- Cayenne goes well with okra. (but you can leave the rosemary out if you don't have it handy. I only used it because I had it and didn't want it to go to waste. Might actually taste better without it ---but it's worth a try ).
- Timing is important.
Quickly arrange your okra at one end of the cooking eggs and start to carefully roll in a swift but gently motion. ( eggs rip easily --so easy does it ). Keep folding and rolling until the okra are completely enclosed.
- Remove immediately and place on a heated plate that is gently warming in a 'semi-open' oven. We don't want the eggs to cook further or they'll get tough.
- Next goes the tomatoes and sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and add cayenne over the mushrooms. These only take a couple of minutes.
- Plate, and garnish with the leftover sprig of rosemary.
Enjoy your breakfast.
It's different, but it's not bad !