A Simple & Tasty Chicken Dish
A great versatile tasty grill that can be used with any vegetable base to create many wonderful different meals.
Lemon Chicken & Cabbage Recipe
By May 30, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 - 3 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
This lemon grilled chicken can be used as the meat component to create many different meals.
- 3 pcs Lean chicken breasts Season with sea salt, grated lemon zest, pepper, grated garlic and olive oil
- 1/2 lb Cabbage Sliced not-so-finely --about 1/4 inch will do
- a few pcs Any green leafy vegetable Just to add texture and color
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic Grate over chicken pieces
- Fried garlic I have this ready in a bottle all the time
- 1 pc Lemon Grate zest over chicken, slice and place on top of breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Pinch Tarragon
Season the chicken breasts generously with sea salt, pepper, grated lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil.
Top with sliced lemon and place in a pre-heated oven on high heat.
Cook until golden --approx. 20 minutes, depending on the size of your breasts or the thickness of your meat, or however you wish to call it.
Remove from oven and rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Stir fry the shredded cabbage and greens in some extra virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt and fried garlic.
( Fried garlic can be purchased in a bottle from most asian supermarkets. I always have this handy. )
A touch of tarragon adds a whole new dimension to the cabbage.
Stir fry and cook for about 5 minutes, add the butter at the end, stir and remove.
Plate the vegetables, and place the rested chicken breast on top.
This is a very simple but tasty dinner. The grilled chicken can be used as the main meat component of many other meals. So I usually cook a few pieces for use later.
Enjoy your dinner --- Cheers!