A sweet and spicy chicken grill with onions & okra
This is so easy to make, and yet the end result is so ‘professional’ you wouldn’t believe you made it yourself!
Thai Chilli Chicken Recipe
By May 28, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
A simple sweet and spicy oven-grilled chicken dish
- 1 pc Chicken thigh meat Large thigh with skin on --halved
- 4 - 5 pc Small okra Sliced diagonally
- 1 pc White Onion Medium sized --peeled and quartered
- 1 pc Red Chilli Slice off a few pieces, and julienne the rest
- 3 - 4 cloves Garlic Peeled
- 1 pc Fresh Ginger Just a tiny piece --julienned for garnishing
- Thai sweet & sour chilli sauce
- Fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut oil
- Sesame oil
- Preheat oven to high ( about 250 degrees )
Generously coat chicken pieces with Thai sauce, a dash of fish sauce, and add a touch of sea salt.
Drizzle with peanut oil and place on one half of a baking dish.
Place the quartered onion, garlic, and sliced okra on the other half.
Sprinkle the veg with sea salt and drizzle with a touch of peanut oil.
Into the oven for about 20 minutes. The chicken takes about 20 minutes to cook but you can remove the vegetables when they look done.
Sprinkle a few drops of sesame oil onto the chicken the minute you remove them from the oven. Rest for 5 minutes.
Garnish with the julienned ginger and chilli. ~ Enjoy!